Bag Making and Clothes Mending Bee
Do you have some clothes that need a little bit of mending and don’t know how or don’t have a sewing machine?
Did you always want to learn how to sew?
Come along to the local Inner West Boomerang Bags group sewing bee where:
- We can help you mend (if within our capability and skill set!)
- You can see how easy it is to make simple repairs to school uniforms
- One of our experts will show how to replace elastic in fitted sheets – definitely a very handy and eco-friendly tip!
- You can learn how to sew a simple re-usable shopping bag from scratch using donated fabric
- You can come along as a volunteer and help us sew bags (BYO machine)
- Or, if you don’t have a machine, you can help to prep by cutting and pinning the fabric for the sewing volunteers
All skill levels (including no skills) are welcome!
There is a free carpark adjacent on the corner Holden/Norton Sts, enter via Norton St (one way.)
To book, click here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1172490289956954?ref=newsfeed
No attendee found! Be the first one to book!